Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Whole30, Paleo, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner


Yeah, that's right. When you eat whole30 you have to come to terms that dinner for breakfast is fine, and normal, and preferred. Today I made sweet potato hash with fried eggs and bacon. I was gonna use steak but mine went bad so I used bacon instead. First thing when I say sweet potato I actually mean yams. Real sweet potatoes are white, I've made the mistake buying sweet potatoes when I really wanted yams.
Buy some hearty nice looking yams. I think about 2 super long ones fed my family with plenty of leftovers for my lunch tomorrow. Peel then.
Secondly, shred those suckers. Fortunately I have this electric shredder. If you do it by hand its possible and probable that you will end up with peeled skin and maybe blood in your yams. YUCK I KNOW.
Third, season those bad boys. I used garlic powder (Penzey's brand is the best- seriously, try it), onion powder, and seasoned salt. I would also like to try a sweeter version using cinnamon and nutmeg.

Fourth, I chopped up bacon and fried it up in a large skillet.


Then I removed the bacon and cooked up the "hash" in the fat.

Fried and egg or two...
 
Voila! Dinner is served.
This whole30 things isn't too bad. However, my husband and kids still eat bread and I don't buy bread I make it. So please meet my arch nemesis.
I only have 19 days left, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what YOU have to say! Leave a comment.